Thursday, August 2, 2012

Red Thread and Moth

Lately,(I have been discovering) is that I like too many things... I like collage, pastels, watercolors, acrylics. And I also like the look of layering and spending the time on the background just as much and the foreground image (or focus point). I've also, recently, reintroducted myself to sewing. I had hand sewed alot when I was very young and I just love the actual threading part of going in and out of fabric. So in this piece I wanted to combine everything...just to test myself. The challenge here was not to make everything look too busy or over-whelming.

I've used a creame BFK Rives paper with acrylic grounds and acrylic for this piece. The BFK has a soft but stiff enough qualities so I can puncture small holes for the needle to pass through without tearing the paper. I really like the linear structure against my "floating" imageries. The lines made of threads was following a small piece of architectural drawing from my father-in-law, that I used toward the right side of the moth.
I seem to be using the moth imageries lately...hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment