Monday, April 29, 2013

"Kingyo and Sewing Thread


Aaaa.... another fish piece! I decided to draw goldfish again, beause I actually had a creative block. UGH! So this time, I wanted to embroider again to make these fishes different. This piece using the kanji in the middle of the subject(s) says, "kingyo", which is Japanese for goldfish. 

Yes! I was hesitant to stab through the middle of these fishes so I can embroider the kanji, but I had threw a tissue paper with this kingyo character outlined beforehand and thought, that this would be a cool and different approach. I still admire the look of paper embroidery with a drawing. For me, I approach embroidery as linear imagery which is a great balance when it is against a solid subjecct matter....that's my take on it at least. It goes back to my love of typography graphic design.

No comments:

Post a Comment